If you’ve been in business long, you may have heard the phrase “The Money is in the List”. It’s a powerful phrase meaning that the list you create for your business has the potential for successful marketing that leads to large sales. For a photography business like yours, it means adding prospective customers to your database to create a powerful marketing tool for your business. The good news is that your website is the perfect place to build that list. With these steps your email list will grow faster and stronger each day giving you more and more people to market to.
- Add a “share with a friend” option on any articles you publish on your website, blog posts or anywhere else you leave your message. If you aren’t sure how to do this, there are many plug-in widgets available online that will enable this feature for you easily depending on what application you are using. For example, if you are using Word Press you can check the plug-in section and add a plug-in to support this requirement.
- Add a sign up form on your home page and include it in any side menu’s that are consistently shown on every page within your website (you can see ours on this website). If you are offering something of value such as a weekly emailed tip, news and announcements or something informational, people will want to sign up and this is an easy way to let them opt to sign up themselves. As an added bonus you may want to offer an initial sign up incentive when they register their email address such as a special discount or e-product giveaway.You can manage your subscriptions and forms through an email subscription list such as aWeber.
- Join in on the social networking websites such as Facebook or Google+ to take advantage of unlimited contacts. These social networking websites will allow you to develop closer relationships to your customers by “talking” on your social website through such tools as your Facebook wall page. Social networking websites also make it easier to gain new friends, which means adding more and more people to your email list.
- Promote a contest on your home page or blog about a special prize or giveaway when they subscribe to your email list from your website. This is great incentive to get more and more people to sign up directly as well as get them to refer their friends to your website as well.
- Lucrative List Building: How Everyday People Are Building Huge, Highly Profitable Opt-In Email Lists from Scratch to Make Millions Online
- Opt In Email List Building: How to Build and Run a Successful Opt In List
- Email List Building: The 31 Day Guide to Growing Your List